It is Fri-YAY ya’ll! I am extra excited because I am off work until Tuesday and get to spend so much time with family this weekend. I have been working every other night this week so I have been exhausted and just feeling like I have barely seen my family. AND it’s time for another edition of five on Friday (i really
need want to be able to insert an emoji here….is this possible in blogland?!?!?)
- We buried (upside down and facing our house) a statue of St. Joseph in our front flower bed last night. Right before Corbin put the dirt back in its place we said a prayer over our house as a family. Ya’ll, Corbin was killing me the cuteness. He was SO serious when I told him to pray and recited our entire meal time prayer right then and there 🙂 Andrew and I added on some extra words of thanks and requests at the end. My dear sweet Aunt Monica was one of the most devout catholic women I know, so when our realtor asked us if we had buried St. Joseph yet I just knew that was something Aunt Monica would have told me to do on day 1 (just like she told my mom to put a statue of Mary in her front window the week of my wedding for good weather and no rain – the weather was perfect wedding day!). St. Joseph is a patron saint and when prayed to for nine days following his burial in your yard the hope and belief is that St. Jospeh will intercede in your prayer and aid in God’s will in the selling of your home.
- Cousins. We grew up in Texas and ALL of our other family was in New York. This meant we only saw cousins and grandparents once or twice (on a good year) a year. I remember that one of my biggest wishes as a child- that we lived closer to our family. The time spent with my cousins growing up are some of my fondest memories and I am forever grateful that my boys have ALL of their cousins within driving distance.
- Bluebell Ultimate Neapolitan. Ya’ll. I know I featured bluebell in last weeks five on friday and I promise this won’t become a tradition, BUT when bluebell pops up in your insta feed notifying you that Ultimate Neapolitan is their next flavor to return to stores TODAY you just die of happiness a little bit on the inside. This my FAVORITE until the end of time. There are some things in life that you just don’t pass up, good ice cream being one of them. Good-bye diet. Get in my belly now.
- Fresh flowers. One of the positive things, for me, about being on the market is that I have been keeping our island stocked with fresh flowers. I don’t normally set aside a portion of my budget for a fresh flower supply but I just might start. There is just something about having fresh flowers that kick starts your day, makes your house look so welcoming, and puts a smile on your face. God’s creations are beautiful.
- Chip and Jojo. They are my kind of people. I know that 99% of all people get the warm fuzzies from them. I honestly believe we would be real life BFFs. Andrew and chip are both wordworkers and pretty hilarious people. Jojo loves to bake, decorate and garden, I love to bake, decorate and garden. See where this going 😉 BFF in the making. SO when I heard the news that (a) I had missed their visit to the Star Furniture in Katy you can only imagine my absolute devastation but (b) then they announced they were having a SECOND silobration in October I got super excited. Tickets went on sale last night for a private concert (at the silos) where chip and jo will make an appearance during the weekend. I’m not sure I’ll actually indulge in the concert tickets (as much as I would love to) but I am certainly going to
begask Andrew if we can go back for the silobration weekend!
Go buy you some Neapolitan and link up for some friday fun at these wonderful blogs!
And if you are having a hard time cooling off, try a leaf blower, works every time 🙂