It was a good weekend! Long and busy, but good! I worked Friday night, yes, I am one of those night shifters. I work 7p-7a and no I don’t sleep. I have always had the ability to function of off very little sleep but working night shift the past 2 years has really extended that ability. For now, it’s awesome, we don’t have to worry about childcare, and I really enjoy the people I work with. Ultimately I know that not sleeping for 36 hour stretches every couple of days is not good for your health so when my kids get more school age I will probably look for something more ‘normal.’ Andrew took the kids to the country to visit his parents. (y’all he ROCKS daddy daycare. all the time. This road trip involved a hospital visit for his mom, lunch at chilis and a visit to the trampoline park – ALL by himself. He is much braver than me :)). His intentions were for me to be able to take a nap. NO nap nellie over here did not take advantage of that. Nope. I came home work and started touching up walls and base boards for our open house and before I knew it I had to get ready for my baby sisters bridal shower (it was lovely). Sunday was lazy. We went grabbed some mexican for lunch (yum!) and then headed home for Andrew to do oil changes in the cars and I was on vacuum and detail duty. I think I vacuumed up AT LEAST a pound of goldfish…no lie. These kiddos of mine have really stretched my tolerance level on certain things. I pray this week blesses our family and yours. Mondays are always rough, but they are a fresh start. Take advantage and make some goals. Not only is today a Monday, but it the first of a month (August – what?!?!?!). I know August brings a whole new level of anxiety as people prep for back to school. Start the routine early so you are not scrambling at the end. Today I plan on menu planning, re setting my fitness and weight loss goals, and maybe packing up a box or two (living on the optimistic side of life that our house will sooner than later :)). Make it a good day guys!
- I want to actually set aside a quiet time each day and read my daily devotional. I have had this one and when I do it I LOVE it. We all need a daily dose of Jesus in our lives and I highly recommend it!
- I want to stick to meal planning. We have been listening to some of Dave Ramsey’s podcasts and I am all about saving money where we can. #riceandbeansdiet
- I LOVE reading – like nerd alert love it. Since having kids it has totally hit the back burner and you can often find me snoozing the minute I open a page to any book. I just can’t seem to figure out why I am so darn tired all the time 😉 Anybody who knows me knows of my uncanny ability to fall asleep anytime where…pretty sure I have fallen asleep mid sentence before. So, hold me accountable I want to read
twoat least one book this month! This is the book I want to read this month. I am borrowing it from my mom.
- Health/fitness goals. I LOVE my fitbit y’all. I love competing with myself for steps. I told you I am a nerd. Anyways, my goal is to make use of my double jogger at least 3 times/week and lose 10 pounds. I have GOT TO shed this baby weight I have been
fondlyhanging onto. My husband totally rocked his weight loss challenge these past 2 months and I plan on keeping meals as healthy as possible.
- less phone time = more play time. Easier said than done. I am a total phone addict and my kids are noticing. I want to play with them more while they think I am still cool. Yesterday Corbin and I spent the afternoon hunting alligators and it was SO sweet. I need more alligator hunts in my life 🙂
- sell our house! 🙂
What are your goals for August? I’ll hold myself accountable and update you on the last day of each month about how I did. I might be reaching for the stars this month seeing as how it’s already August 2nd and I clearly wanted this to be posted yesterday AND I had a donut on my way home from work this morning. I’m obviously winning over August like a champ 😉 With that said, we are all human and I plan on picking up and keeping the rest of my day/month on track!